BARGAIN OF THE WEEK. What have you had cheap?

got my 92 explosif for £250, but sold some disc brakes i wasn't using for 100, and the modern xtr v's on the bike and the rear mech should go for about 100 and i have replacement bits from my parts bins to refinish the bike so "technically" the bike cost £50.

that's how i convince myself that i didn't just spend £250 on another bike i don't reaaly need!! :LOL: :LOL: so that is a bargain to me!

got some prototype magic motorcycle cranks for 10GBP, Zaskar LE with Manitou 3s, full XT and cook bros cranks for 20GBP. Kona AA with Middleburn RS3's for 35GBP

that all i can think off currently

Bargain?

Not sure if these were a bargain or not? I wanted the Stumpie for my son and always wanted a Proflex since seeing one in GT cycles in Southampton years ago. And a Ritchey front hub. £40 the lot sound reasonable?

Attachments

• proflex full small.jpg
    proflex full small.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,030
  • stumpie small.jpg
    stumpie small.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,030
Not had any real purchased bargains in the past week...ive been buying bling for the pace build again, and bling doesnt seem to come cheap!

Harryburgandy has kindly offered to send me some gold lock on grips FOC, so much thanks to him for that!

jonnyboy666":30do76hr said:
got my 92 explosif for £250, but sold some disc brakes i wasn't using for 100, and the modern xtr v's on the bike and the rear mech should go for about 100 and i have replacement bits from my parts bins to refinish the bike so "technically" the bike cost £50.

that's how i convince myself that i didn't just spend £250 on another bike i don't reaaly need!! :LOL: :LOL: so that is a bargain to me!

"technically" :LOL: :LOL: ,i bet we all use that term to justify our little purchases ,i know i do

My great buy this week has to be the bikes worth of XT v's from jez
£20 and your hard pushed to find any wear,i mean ,is jez secratly the patron saint of retrobikers in human form?
He always seems to have great stuff at v' cheap prices,& the goods look new

dyna-ti":3jixrd9f said:
"technically" :LOL: :LOL: ,i bet we all use that term to justify our little purchases ,i know i do

On ebay I use the logic that, It was an auction, some one else bid £1 less than I paid, therefore if things go tits up, I should be able to sell it for minimal loss.

Re: Bargain?

Grannygrinder":3g37aoxk said:
Not sure if these were a bargain or not? I wanted the Stumpie for my son and always wanted a Proflex since seeing one in GT cycles in Southampton years ago. And a Ritchey front hub. £40 the lot sound reasonable?

lets put it this way.........I will give you 40 quid if you ever want rid ;)

also.....how does this look?????
011-2.jpg

008.jpg

considering it was given to me for detting up a mates bike :cool:

Back