BARGAIN OF THE WEEK. What have you had cheap?

daj":1rcvxpj0 said:
Its funny you should say that, Watching gumtree quite a bit this week... In the London area there are quite a few bikes that are advertised missing wheels!?!? :shock:

There was a front wheel missing a bike on Edinburgh Gumtree. :LOL:

Bargain

Well I think I got a bargain today :LOL:
I seen an ad in the local paper this morning for a specialized mountain bike for £30.
It is an 88 model hardrock in great original condition. Owned all this time by one old man who only rode it occassionally round the village. Suntour thumbies, sugino crank etc. He also gave me an ancient old specialized computer, an old lock and the handbook he was given when he purchased the bike. He has fitted a rear rack and mudgaurds front and rear. It also had a great carradice rack bag. It has a few scratches but nothing much really. :D
I got it for my father in law is is retired and keeps saying he would like to get a bike again, so now he has one. I will be keeping the carradice bag as its the same vintage as my front and rear carradice panniers.
I'm not long home but will post a pick in the morning.
Well my partner spotted the ad, but she also bought the as good as new mavic 251 wheel for £2 from the local charity shop as it was virtually unmarked and only a faint brake line with no wear.

Jamie

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
2 modernish (02) hope suspension hubs last month, brand new old stock in the sale, 10 quid for the front, 20 for the rear. red and blue too - and a Mavic Rondo CD XC rim for £5 :)

Back