Bargain GT in Southampton

once the seller starts with price increases they suddenly get greedy and will keep going and going. I’ve had it many times and I simply pull out as likely you’ll find it increasing several times as they play 2 buyers off.

On the flip side I’ve also had many sellers stand firm on an agreed sale and hold the bike for me even though people have tried to gazump.

Rule1 is never post your findings online before you’ve got it.

Rule 2 - is fetch it straight away as someone out there will offer more if it’s cheap / rare.

once the seller starts with price increases they suddenly get greedy and will keep going and going. I’ve had it many times and I simply pull out as likely you’ll find it increasing several times as they play 2 buyers off.

On the flip side I’ve also had many sellers stand firm on an agreed sale and hold the bike for me even though people have tried to gazump.

Rule1 is never post your findings online before you’ve got it.

Rule 2 - is fetch it straight away as someone out there will offer more if it’s cheap / rare.
This is so true.. on Facebook, I never truly have the bike until I'm driving away with it in the boot of my car!!!

Set a price and honour it. Do some research before listing to see what it's worth. To raise the price after a done deal, no, well out of order.
Exactly. Well out of order.
At least it's not France with their odd rules on auctions/ transactions. Let's say it was a Yeti that was picked-up for 20 Euros. Turns out to be an ex-team rider's bike worth 2000 Euros and the vendor finds out after the fact the true worth. They can then track you down and demand payment of it's worth. Fudge right off!

It's an old mass produced bike in a buyer's market. Realistically, it is worth £20 - maybe £50 on a good day.

Sure, if you are willing to put the time in to clean it up, list it properly or break it down for parts and sell it individually, ship globally etc - then yeah - you might get £500 out of it. But that time is also money.

Walk away.

Certainly worth more than £50. I’d guess its real value is around 150-200 in its current state.

£500 is never gonna happen unless it’s mint and a small size.

Back