Bar ends from BITD

s_zigmond

Senior Retro Guru
Back in the 90's i had a set of bar ends on a Hardrock that fitted into the end of the Handle bars and tightened with an allen key bolt so that you didnt lose any of the bar width.

Does anyone have any idea what these may have been?

Cheers

I have a set of unbranded ones that came off a 91 Jamis Explorer,
Made from thinwall steel tube in black.
I dont think they were that uncommon

Cheers

Syncros did one too, much like the cinch but with a curved 'steerhorn' attached - nice!

each bar end had a quill in it didn't it?

Yes now that I think about it syncros does sound like it may be the one i was thinking of. have you done a thorough search on here? For sale thread, redaers kit, catalogues etc?

I had some 'quill' Control Stix too but they made my bars so wide that I cut down the bars to fit the ends.

Hmmm, so heavier bar ends than the normal ones plus had to cut the bars - remind me why I did that again

Syncros did indeed make one and I have a pair but I've just moved and I can't find them. If I find the Sidi shoe box, I've found the steerhorns.

I've only seen one pair of them for sale in the last few years. They're nice but not nearly as nice as the conventional steerhorns. The quilled 'horns are nicer than most other bar ends, but they are not smooth on the outside but have a hole bored where the quill bolt goes. The next generation had a totally smooth ball and clamped from the back, much nicer. If I can dig them up, I'll post a picture.

'guin

Back