Awesome anodising

Stretch79

Kona Fan
Had my hubs and other parts back from Acorn Plating

Steve is a helpful guy and the work done, I’m more than happy with.

One step closer to getting the rebuild going.

Attachments

• IMG_3048.jpeg
    IMG_3048.jpeg
    546.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3047.jpeg
    IMG_3047.jpeg
    528.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3139.jpeg
    IMG_3139.jpeg
    565.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3138.jpeg
    IMG_3138.jpeg
    701.1 KB · Views: 79
Nice, did he strip the old ano off for you as well? Always good to have a reliable resource for stuff like this.

Had my hubs and other parts back from Acorn Plating

Steve is a helpful guy and the work done, I’m more than happy with.

One step closer to getting the rebuild going.

Genuine question …. Why didn’t you or he have them polished and prepped prior?

They still have all the gauges and damage which couldn’t easily been sorted.

Did you also opt for a satin/matt finish rather than a gloss?

Genuine question …. Why didn’t you or he have them polished and prepped prior?

They still have all the gauges and damage which couldn’t easily been sorted.

Did you also opt for a satin/matt finish rather than a gloss?
I did ask they be prepared a little and tbh not 100% sure what that involved but he did say he’d clean them up for the ano.

I went for the finish that matched the thru axle so it matched the end caps

He’s always been readily available to speak to. Had no issues with that side

I tried and tried.

Ended up going elsewhere as he arranged for me to send a frame to him and then completely blanked me afterwards. So glad I didn’t send him the frame as the guy never answers the phone or his email so who knows what would happen.

If he didn’t want to do a frame he could have just said so. But he gave me a right run around and I’ll use any opportunity to make people aware of this if there’s a thread recommending him.

Looking at his “prep” I’m kinda glad to be honest as i certainly wouldn’t be happy with that job. It’s like painting over a un-prepped surface.

I tried and tried.

Ended up going elsewhere as he arranged for me to send a frame to him and then completely blanked me afterwards. So glad I didn’t send him the frame as the guy never answers the phone or his email so who knows what would happen.

If he didn’t want to do a frame he could have just said so. But he gave me a right run around and I’ll use any opportunity to make people aware of this if there’s a thread recommending him.

Looking at his “prep” I’m kinda glad to be honest as i certainly wouldn’t be happy with that job. It’s like painting over a un-prepped surface.
Yeah in that case getting messed around isn’t on tbh. Can only speak from personal experience.

Well now you’ve made me doubt the finish also so I’ll take to some one local and see what they say. I only used him due to others feedback

@d8mok could you point out what the issues you are seeing are as I'm struggling to see anything other than the damage to spoke holes. genuine question from me, I have no dog in the fight.

is it on the end caps where there isn't any dye in the teeth?

Back