Automatic (light-sensitive) rear light?

Almost all the AAA ones will accept a rechargeable NiMH battery and run fine, altohugh the life is a little shorter. It's what I use on all mine.

Re:

Just a slightly different perspective , do you value your health/life over the weight of 2 AA batteries and a bit of plastic , personally I don't .

Re: Re:

Matthews":2fvy0mpz said:
Just a slightly different perspective , do you value your health/life over the weight of 2 AA batteries and a bit of plastic , personally I don't .
It's not that really. Not having bought lights for some years now I was under the impression that decent small LED lights had by now become effective enough for the use I want one for - passing through shaded woodland roads in the daytime and the odd occasion where I'm still out 10 minutes longer than I'd planned to in the evening. I don't ride at night, or even in bad weather nowadays.

But in any case, for a few reasons I've now arrived at the conclusion that what I want is not something tiny and USB powered but one which takes rechargeable AA/AAAs and clips on and off rather than the whole unit attaching with a rubber band. I would still like something sleek-ish and lightish (and that does the job above effectively - so no safety compromise) since I seem to have spent enough getting the rest of my bike to be like that. Maybe one of the Cateye ones I guess.

Back