Audi Quattro

Bloody shame about the colour. Budget another £12,000 for a bare shell respray.:LOL:
Also a little misleading about selling to customers with 'very deep pockets'. If I recall correctly, when Group B went tits up they couldn't give them away. I know an ex David Sutton employee that bought one with delivery mileage in 1988 for the price of a new base model Ford Sierra.

Hi, the list price was just over 200,000DM which was just under £70,000 back in 1985 so I think that requires pretty deep pockets as its about £180,000 in todays money! So if you mate did get one for about £9k to £10k (estimated cost of a sierra) it was a steal! In fact a stolen one should be more expensive.

Even a "normal" quattro was about £25,000 new in the 1980s and 11,000 of them were sold so why they would sell a Sport for that little is mental.

They were always highly desirable even though group B ended as there were plenty of Yuppies with cash to burn back in the mid 1980s!

So your mate got a superb deal at that kind of money - did he hold onto it?

Superb car but probably the worst colour you could ever have it in.

a bit sad but i'm more drawn to the very nice DS for a mere 20 K

As much as I like the Quattro, for that money I'll buy a Delta Integrale, Metro 6R4, Renault 5 Turbo and a Pug 205t16

Back