Association of Bad Cyclists

If being a bad cyclist means enjoying it deep down but moaning about road surface, weather, hills, crap tea stops and ladies in the group wearing too much clothing, then I confess my shame! :?

back at school / college when i played a hell of a lot of rugby, was fit could take a knock and didn't mind about scrapes, sprains and strains through the summer i was a bad cyclist, i frequently mixed ability with ambition and came out the other end either in pain, out of pocket or both!

following a 10+ year gap, i now wish i was that bad cyclist again - hopefully when i get back up to a decent level of fitness - where i don't cringe at the sight of a hill! I may start taking smaller gambles when i go off the nice little paths through the forest! after that, i might longingly eye up the slightly more adventurous stuff with a simple turn of the head and a 'maybe next time' attitude!

another small part of me doesn't really want to break my bike now that i have it how i want it. through school & college i always wanted an orange but the price tag was just too steep, now i work full time, am free of a mortgage and have disposable income (after the land rover has eaten some of it in diesel & i top up my ammo cabinet) I treated myself & built one up - am i a bad cyclist because i don't want to break the sodding thing?

viva-la-wimp!!!

I'd like to join you in your Ass.

...of Bad Cyclists :LOL:

I'm getting older & slower and no more skillful, although I think I'm as good as I was BITD the truth is I'm regressing...pretty soon I'll be back to needing stabilisers on my bike :shock:

Umm I went for a ride this morning.

for an hour and a half, and actually passed other cyclists -going downhill (on my rigid Explosif) am i still in?

Great to see that there are so many self-aware people around who have to courage to stand up in public and say "I am a Bad Cyclist".

But remember, Bad Cycling is sometimes about a lack of ability but really is about so much more.....

Lysander":2tmfrxfj said:
Good god, man! You have brought shame and dishonour upon us all......... :x

It was unintentional, honest!

I was avoiding the Sunday housework so stayed out longer and the overtaking was unavoidable - i just couldn't brake any harder! (on the plus side i have completely bedded the front brake pads and brake cable and the back isn't too far behind)

Back