• Rebuild and ride

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let them slide

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cinderKona

Dirt Disciple
So I'm stripping down my hard to find 1 inch Judy SLs for an inspect of the springs, elastomers etc. This is the state of the lower stancions - serious corrosion of the anodising! Any point rebuilding them? - bearing in mind they're just for a play/hack bike so don't have to work amazingly well!

Attachments

• IMG_2214.JPG
    IMG_2214.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,224
  • IMG_2215.JPG
    IMG_2215.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,224
  • IMG_2216.JPG
    IMG_2216.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,224
bin em. look for some coil/oil judy sl 2001 & use those instead. heavier, but far better internals.

Probably bin.

but if you really want to use them suggest the following
1. Clean legs and remove corrosion with wire wool
2. Fit new bushes. A socket set will help fit them.
3. Refill cart - it'll almost certainly have blown
4. Reassemble with crush washers and oil bath.
5. Fit sprins
6.ride!

John":37y227u0 said:
!

How do you get the old bushings out in the first place? I have some 97 Judy SL's that are a bit wobbly

REKIBorter":gry9rk1z said:
John":gry9rk1z said:
!

How do you get the old bushings out in the first place? I have some 97 Judy SL's that are a bit wobbly

Interested in this too, I have some Judy T2's that are a lot wobbly.

scant":17drh4wz said:
bin em. look for some coil/oil judy sl 2001 & use those instead. heavier, but far better internals.
Thanks - do they come in a 1 INCH STEERER? I had a lot of trouble finding a half decent fork with a this size steerer! (and don't want to pay 200 quid for a new marzocchi one).

cinderKona":2avau1cs said:
scant":2avau1cs said:
Thanks - do they come in a 1 INCH STEERER? I had a lot of trouble finding a half decent fork with a this size steerer! (and don't want to pay 200 quid for a new marzocchi one).

Doubt you'd find an 01 Judy with a 1" steerer if they ever made one.

Best bet if you want to go down that route is to buy a 1" bolted Judy steerer and cut a set of legs out of some newer RS forks - either Judy or SID.

Back