Applying decals...

Peachy!":aw8dwkq1 said:
I LOVE STICKERS!!!!!! its easily the best bit :D

ok so the glee comes from years of actually doing it professionally and there is a huge difference between fitted graphics for a company that has usually made some spares and actually fitting your own, perhaps I should do a little video on U-tube specifically for fitting bike decals on tubing then post it on here?

Aye, make a video! I'm too thick to grasp the concept of putting sticky things on my bike, sadly :facepalm:

Imlach":szte33zk said:
Peachy!":szte33zk said:
I LOVE STICKERS!!!!!! its easily the best bit :D

ok so the glee comes from years of actually doing it professionally and there is a huge difference between fitted graphics for a company that has usually made some spares and actually fitting your own, perhaps I should do a little video on U-tube specifically for fitting bike decals on tubing then post it on here?

Aye, make a video! I'm too thick to grasp the concept of putting sticky things on my bike, sadly :facepalm:

Ok, no problem. I won’t bother...

Nah... Imlachs your man, he knows all about why you shouldn’t prep with mineral based spirits/petrol, what adhesives work or don’t work with the wet method, what advantages or pitfalls that there are, what drying time you need to leave before applying clear coat..

Go on Imlach, the floor is yours buddy ;)

attempted the head tube decal today and made an ass of it , i was doing ok up to this point , although it looked straight to me the wife said it was miles off , i must have one leg shorter than the other lol

Reactions: enc
Re:

I would be very interested in gaining some professional tips. I've done a few frames and gained some trial and error knowledge ( really not the best way to learn, but the absolute best way to get into crap habits).

Anybody can put stickers on....yes my kids did it for years.......fridge, walls, floors....but I wouldn't let them loose on a newly painted frame.

A video would be really helpful Mr Peachy.

Back