Anyone remember the Lotus mountain bike?

Yup I remember them, BRG paint with yellow decals, the classic Lotus colour scheme. Rigid front forks (polished?) and didn't they come with retro tan saddle and grip details? They were a bit of a standout bike around our parts. Haven't seen one in ages.

Enjoy

I worked at Lotus at the time. The Carbon bike was supposed to have a degree of flex in the chainstays designed into them. Never felt comfortable with carbon and flex. You could buy the bikes cheaper through the company, not many did though!

The Boardman olympic bike was designed and made at the factory, I felt really chuffed back then to have held the original wooden template. Easily pleased me

I remember that bike too,

Wasn't it a Mike Burrows design with asymmetric everything, single sided wheels (lefty style ) and Chris B tested in a windtunnel for the best aero riding position?

Inigo Montoya":38zu5oma said:
orange71":38zu5oma said:
looks very Cannondale
nah, looks very unique and cool. very stylish and clean design.
me likes...
trimble comes into mind though.

:? :D

slice.jpg

bike_002.jpg

biggins":23ppbtbj said:
The Boardman olympic bike was designed and made at the factory, I felt really chuffed back then to have held the original wooden template. Easily pleased me

A friend of mine works there now, and they have the original CB Olymipic winning bike in a display stand in the reception. Not allowed to photo it though :? :(

Mij local bikeshop had every year on example of the SkyExpension on a high display podium in the middle of the shop. One time I visited a Lotus made it to the podium. I was a aluminium XT one. I think the frame was a relatively economical, proven. Alu 7005 welded. More or less like a Marin Indian Fire Trail. Looks were good imo: Front triangle in a distinguished dark colour and tail polished. Fork polished too (or chromed if it was steel). Red seat! There were also less equiped models, but they didn't make it to the podium.

Elev12k":2gpxb8zl said:
I was a aluminium XT one. I think the frame was a relatively economical, proven. Alu 7005 welded. More or less like a Marin Indian Fire Trail. Looks were good imo: Front triangle in a distinguished dark colour and tail polished. Fork polished too (or chromed if it was steel). Red seat!

That was it!
Bang on what I remember, with the red seat, Flite I think (like mine).
Have you any pics, I cant find any :(

Back