Anyone recommend a Wireless router that isn't rubbish?

I used to have a belkin and it gave me nothing but trouble had to reboot it every so often as it would just drop off of the network. We used to use linksys routers at work and we were a IT company and they were faultless and made by Cisco, saying that though most of the switches were made by netgear and they were also faultless so I'd say either of those 2.

Afternoon All

I thought I would resurrect this thread as I need to update or replace my Voyager 2500v as the wireless part doesn't have sufficient range to operate the childrens new gadgets - ipod touches.

Are these recommendations still valid or are there newer units that will do a better job?

Many thanks

Isn't that a BT router? Are you with BT and out of contract for braodband? It's worth checking out as you may well get a better deal and a free new router thrown in - either that or moan to them that your router doesn't work and they'll send you a new one...

Way out of contract thanks.

I haven't bothered to change it before as it seemewd to do everything I want.

Up to now I have been refusing a new one as the freebies on offer never seem to be worth a long term commitment.

I've had a netgear for the last few years and it copes with a family of five throwing all their wireless products at it all day long..

We've used the bt home hub for years without a problem and that's with 3 computers, 3 phones, iPods, sky and the Wii hanging off it, it would probably be worth phoning bt and see what they cam offer you - we got a 30gb per month increase for 20p the last time I phoned them when I was out of contract...

Have had problems with Linksys AND Netgear N routers. But I have them in the cellar and they need to cover 3 floors and 100m2 per floor (how else do you think I have room for all my bikes?).

Have been a happy user of a Cisco router since 2009, which is very reliable compared to everything else I've had over the last 7 or 8 years.

Siemens

Can take massive amounts of voltage as I found out when my electrician did the testing and I forgot to unplug it.

Still going strong and I've had it for 4 years now

Back