Anyone into classic cars

My all time favourite vehicles, anything VW and air-cooled. My first car, 1988 was a 1972 1200, loved that car. I'll try and find a pic now.
1200 and the 1500 best bugs ever 👍
My first love was a 67 bay window super deluxe....Swedish import but rhd! Ex Lufthansa shuttle bus 😁

Found a picture, it's making me sad all over again. This must be around 1989?
View attachment 658561
That certainly the late 80's early nineties look!
Bugs....they get under your skin there really is nothing like em. Can't beat the smell...😆
Tar board and petrol....and that push rod and tappet hum flat out on the motorway...
Might have to see if I can find any pics of my old ones now...🥲

They are just the best. I definitely remember going to bug jam 90, can't remember where it was, but I wore the t-shirt to death and going to Santa Pod raceway around that time too, run what you brung! and taking about 4 hours to get out at the end of the weekend.

That's the coolest first car.
I certainly thought so.....others didn't 😆 contrary to popular belief one of tho most reliable vehicles I ever owned. Only breakdown in about 5 years was a clutch cable snapping......funny that ...I knew it was fraying so carried a spare the look on the AA guy's face as i handed it to him 😁
At the time I didn't know what I had....I later found out the gearbox had a LSD !

I definitely remember going to bug jam 90, can't remember where it was, but I wore the t-shirt to death and going to Santa Pod raceway around that time too, run what you brung! and taking about 4 hours to get out at the end of the weekend.
Bug Jam was at Santa Pod Raceway.. i used to go in the 90s, The Prodigy played Bug Jam long before they troubled the charts with Charly.

I bagged it off around the late 90s then started going again when my kid was a toddler.. we went every year up to lockdown.

Bought him a tee every year :cool:

fullsizeoutput_3e0.jpeg

Cough "Ineverwenttoonebugjam!" cough"
I am ashamed! However if you went to the shows you might of picked up a bargain at the bargainbus stand? Hello again 👍

My last bug!
Still got a shine...🤩

IMG_20220905_210033_754.jpg
If it hadn't been for my old man's driving skills I'd of been born on the back seat of a 72 bug.....they do reckon you get influenced in the womb!

Latest posts

Back