Anyone into classic cars

This Tuesday I spent an interesting day travelling North by means of trains and trams to collect the latest addition to my BMW V8 collection and then have a fun filled drive back down to Kent.

Its a 645 manual so with the sun out it was glorious driving across the Pennines with the roof down and its V8 soundtrack but the old girl got a bit tested when I got back onto the M25 as someone decided to drive into someone else and cause the motorway to be shut which in turn caused a couple of hours stop start driving, interesting when you haven't driven a manual for a good few years and especially a big one.

I made it home fine and the car didn't miss a beat so below is my Saturday car, my Sunday car and because of the unique way electric company cars are taxed in the UK the Tesla that basically pays to run them.
IMG_20220518_071632_076 (2).jpg

I owned in the early 90's a 1959 VW Split screen camper with a Samba roof, it was an import from Sweden as that's around the time that some european countries changed from RHD to LHD. It was in need of the whole bottom foot of the bodywork replacing which was in the process of being done and overall it was beyond my means to restore it properly so i moved it on. I found a picture of it recently on the web completely restored, what a beauty.

Nicks Camper.jpg

I must admit, so do I. It drives so well and the straight 6 sounds superb. Unfortunately it's not really going to get used so needs to go to a good home. My Dad also had a 1960 Morris Oxford which his parents bought new which was fully restored a few years ago. That's a keeper! The two London buses he had were another matter! 😂

Back