Any such thing as non Shimano non SRAM 9sp shifters ?

If it's for a Bianchi build, why not getting a campa groupo, and forget about 9 speed? In case if price is not an issue, of course.

Were these the Microshift ones? They don't seem ultra-cheap anymore!

They are nice !
CNC’d aluminum as well rather than plastic - I’m going to have a read about these and those other SRAM ones above.

Maybe not appropriate for your build but there’s a Sturmey Archer thumb shifter that pulls 2:1 and will shift 9 speed in friction mode. A relatively cheap option.

Miche did a 9 speed trigger unit but guess that’s for Campy. Rare as rocking horse poop.

Campagnolo 9 speed TT shifters in friction mode? Good luck finding any perches for them though, I’d love a pair for a set of Icarus bar end shifters I’ve got.

*may have misunderstood some of your compatability issues!

Were these the Microshift ones? They don't seem ultra-cheap anymore!

No. They were a type of gripshift. I understand that Microshift produce some decent kit, especially for road bikes, but these weren't their finest hour.

Maybe not appropriate for your build but there’s a Sturmey Archer thumb shifter that pulls 2:1 and will shift 9 speed in friction mode. A relatively cheap option.

Miche did a 9 speed trigger unit but guess that’s for Campy. Rare as rocking horse poop.
No chance of finding anything to mount the Campy TT shifters on a flat bar- a shame
Campagnolo 9 speed TT shifters in friction mode? Good luck finding any perches for them though, I’d love a pair for a set of Icarus bar end shifters I’ve got.

*may have misunderstood some of your compatability issues!

Yeah the shifting is very good, and they look cleaner due to the window being in the clamp. It’s actually a sort of metal, I’ve never tried m750 so I’m not sure.

Pretty much limited in choice as was said earlier.
Anything I use won’t be period correct anyway - as the rear mech though a Sachs Quarz was made later on in a 9 speed by Mars in the old Sachs Huret factory after the SRAM buyout.
So anything discreet and silver 9 speed and nicely made would do - I guess that’s why I put M970 shifters on my other bike
300FC83D-6AE1-406C-B499-421BC4E8B51A.jpeg

0BA24DA7-1284-4892-B294-AD472B0DA73E.jpeg

Back