Any such thing as non Shimano non SRAM 9sp shifters ?

I’m sure it’s possible.

You could go the cheaper way and use rubber paint to paint the hoods green.

Actually there are some green hooded X-ray’s for sale here.

Was Sachs quartz really 9 speed?
X-rays aren’t shimano compatible though ?

I’m tempted by these but not keen on black
I wonder if the hoods can be changed ? I heard these were the same hoods as on some SRAM - X-rays perhaps ?
Not sure these are the same.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
You don’t have Shimano though on the bike? And weren’t X-rays before Shimano non-compatibility?
The Sachs are shimano indexing compatible - as are the 9 sp SRAM branded sachs such as the Plasma and Quarz
They don’t work with ESP or ratio SRAM stuff

I don't think you have any choice apart from the Sachs shifters you've already mentioned. By the time 9 speed arrived there was really only Sram and Shimano on the scene, the Sachs branded stuff fizzled out completely when X0, X9 etc arrived. 9 speed Quarz/Plasma shifters do appear occasionally. Honestly if the cable port cover wasn't missing I would have already bought the Plasmas linked earlier.

I don’t really understand what’s compatible with what because my 3 brain cells are already occupied so I just go with my gut…

I don't think you have any choice apart from the Sachs shifters you've already mentioned. By the time 9 speed arrived there was really only Sram and Shimano on the scene, the Sachs branded stuff fizzled out completely when X0, X9 etc arrived. 9 speed Quarz/Plasma shifters do appear occasionally. Honestly if the cable port cover wasn't missing I would have already bought the Plasmas linked earlier.
That’s what put me off as I was tempted as they’re very cheap - I had them on a Raleigh Ti I used to have and they shifted nicely

Latest posts

Back