Any san andreas mountain cycle owners?

old school cool

Dirt Disciple
I fancy the idea of building one up as a xc bike, are they a good choice or is their better out there?

It was the must have bike for me, just by the time I could afford one I found out about booze, girls, cars and motorbikes so never actually bought one.

The owner of a shop I used to ride with had a sub 25 lb. San An he used for XC/billboard for the shop. It was worth a small fortune, even at cost+, though.

mine is better at xc than any other bike i have ridden...i ve ridden a lot of bikes too...

gibbleking":2dsisnnm said:
mine is better at xc than any other bike i have ridden...i ve ridden a lot of bikes too...

old bikes or modern stuff too?

I've got the option of getting a brand new cube, or building my dream bike from the late 90s.

i'll never part with my sannie :cool: i've ridden loads of new and old bikes and i keep going to the sannie :LOL:

one day i might build mine into a xc bike but i'm having too much fun with it just now :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i had mine set up for road use....1 inch slicks...big campy record chainset and a sprint block at the back...cornered better than an f1 car..lovely

gibble , how high off the ground is your bb with those manitous on ? mine sits 470mm :oops: :LOL: :LOL:

havent a clue..its not set up right...just yet..i need some risers as the bars are too far down at the front..plus the shock has to be put in the right position too...ill have a quick measure in the morrow and ill post it up for ya...im curious to its weight as well ..

I think the honest answer is i'll go for what the missus lets me get.

If I can get the cube on the cycle to work scheme and she agrees I might do that and sell or dismantle the fsr.

If not I might buy a san andreas and build it using the fsr parts.

Back