Any Ritchey Experts?

Have a look to the BB w the serial. Bit weird with the RD cable routing. Also the break bosses look not normal

Thanks for reminder! Here’s the serial number.

View attachment 691350
I checked the serial list
Usually there is a letter, but some have these short numbers not following the concept

I can't appoint a model and I'm not sure this is a TR, mainly because of the cable routing and brake bosses
Another point is, it looks as if it's half brazed. (Only the back)? Correct? Not sure which model this had.

Is it one of those KHS Montana Teams that were built by Ritchey? Before they went to True Temper?

Hey Troje, thats definitely a possibility!
It doesn't look like that one in above link has the seat cluster brazing, but checks all the other boxes! So I guess its a Montana Team/P23!

I checked the serial list
Usually there is a letter, but some have these short numbers not following the concept

I can't appoint a model and I'm not sure this is a TR, mainly because of the cable routing and brake bosses
Another point is, it looks as if it's half brazed. (Only the back)? Correct? Not sure which model this had.
Hi Mcada, thanks for checking! Yes, just the seat cluster brazing.

Is it one of those KHS Montana Teams that were built by Ritchey? Before they went to True Temper?

Did those even ever exist? Where does that info come from? Was TR doing work for KHS or did someone there bought a couple of Ritchey bikes for the team?

Yeah, these indeed existed. There are a few threads on them here on RB. Not many were made though.

Back