Any RetroKiwis out there?

hotbuns

Dirt Disciple
Just wondering whether there were any NZ folk out there in the Wellington area? Everyone over here seems to lust after carbon disposable rides, so when they inevitably break (or a new one comes out) they just buy a whole new one. Could use some insider info on a few parts for my 1995 Hei Hei (non ti bits!) like threaded forks, headsets etc. Ooh, and some cranks, rear derailleur ...... :LOL:

Alex.

About to become a "token kiwi" for the month of October

Any pointers for nice Flowy, Single Speedy, Trail round Christchurch would be good :)

Up to Rotarua for SSWC come the end of the month :D

gil_m":3k847vxv said:

Any pointers for nice Flowy, Single Speedy, Trail round Christchurch would be good :)

Banks peninsula has a few nice trails & lovely scenery on a nice day. christchurch itself, not so much.

rotorua stinks..

gil_m":1557d1p8 said:
Cheers Mike

I'll see you out there... ;)

been there, done that. you need more than just a month to take in the best of NZ b.t.w
get the kennet bros book. a good start to finding trails.

gil_m":1va89x5y said:

Mcleans Island would be the best for that. It's a nice 15km loop, SS friendly, nice and flowy as well.
Either that or head out to bottle lake forest, although that's not nearly as SS friendly.
I normally hit one or the other at least 3 times a week.

hi all the kiwis

lived in New zealand for a year in 1999 satyed in a placed called mt wellington then glenn ines in auckland.

never got to ride there but oh how awesome the countryside is for singletrack etc

enjoy guys

shawn

Back