Any of the old high beach Epping Forest mtb here?

pistol79

Dirt Disciple
Hi, Im Pete I used to work at sterling cycles or Epping forst mb centre back in 92-93 94 time as a young 14 year old... Marin,KHS, GT and Kona was the stock at the time I also remeber a klien attitude team issue hanging on the wall and dreaming about it... We used to meet at the shop on thuerdays and High Beach on sundays....

I used to frequent Sterling Cycles. My team mate Pete lived a few doors down from the shop. Shop was run by a right moody guy, I can't remmeber his name....

I used to ride with Darren Barclay and Gavin ? occasionally.

Ray Padfield Krala...he was the owner maybe you didnt spend enough money thats why he was moody!! haha Yes Darren was a bit of a pro if I remember correct

Is this the shop that was in the high street, then moved to a little row of shops, then to an industrial estate in North Weald?

The Epping Forest mountain bike riders (ex club) is doing quite well at the moment, you see 10 or more of them somewhere in the forest every Saturday.

Remember the club but I used to ride with the Revolution MTB club, attached to Revolution MTB (and windsurfing) shop in Romford.

Remember Ray too - think I saw him a couple of months back at the Epping cycle jumble...

sort of..Bike trax your thinking of... there used to be a club meet on a sunday up High Beach..wondered if any of them were on here...

pistol79":27fu5t5c said:
Ray ...... maybe you didnt spend enough money thats why he was moody!! haha Yes Darren was a bit of a pro if I remember correct

Now I remember.

I never spent anything. I worked for a shop in Enfield at the time and got everything free or trade!

Back