Any late-90's Marzocchi experts on here?

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
In the preliminary stages of over-hauling a Z2 BAM from 1998/99, the red ones. Would like to change the top adjusters from red to blue - is there anywhere I can look for these items other than eBay please?

Additionally has anyone fitted the contemporary enduro (blue) seals, if so, are they good seals, and if they are which size/item number do I require?

There may be further questions further down the line after the forks have been taken apart for servicing but for now those two will start me off.

Thank you.

another option if you cant find the adjusters is to take them to be reanodized to blue.

not sure on the seals maybe marzocci themselves would know.

You need the 30mm seals for your fork. As for the Enduro seals being any good or not it's kind of a moot point as they're pretty much the only show in town. I think they're a bit on the el-cheapo side of things but adequate for the job. I don't think it would be impossible to find any genuine Marzocchi seals for 30mm forks, it's just I haven't seen any recently.

valve bouncer":1gjrd50b said:
You need the 30mm seals for your fork. As for the Enduro seals being any good or not it's kind of a moot point as they're pretty much the only show in town. I think they're a bit on the el-cheapo side of things but adequate for the job. I don't think it would be impossible to find any genuine Marzocchi seals for 30mm forks, it's just I haven't seen any recently.

Well, I think I have some original Marzocchi oil seals 30mm left. Need to inspect my boxes.

I'm using a set of the blue enduro seals on my Z2 Atoms, no issues with them. Fork works really well and are more plush in action than my new Fox 32 Performance forks.

LeeDevelopment":2dgi6xiu said:
How splendid, thank you.

Here we are ... 1 dust seal and 6 oil seals are left (and some knobs I don't know where for in detail).

Attachments

• Bomber Seals.jpg
    Bomber Seals.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,074
?? Doesn't matter.
This are the seals I have left. If someone is interessted drop me a note please.

Apologies for the delay in responding, am waiting for a reply from someone I know in the industry who used to work with Marzocchi and they're dragging their feet. In a nutshell I have a Z2 off for a bit of pampering at the powdercoat shop. I am leaning towards the modern Enduro (blue) seals, this however depends on stock as the UK distributor is still waiting for deliveries due to covid-19 being in the mix.

Therefore I am not sure exactly where I stand in the midst of all this regarding seals at the moment.

Back