Any Ideas? 1980s or 1990s Bicycle Fame?

... leaving him to weep over a pile of worthless tat like 23mm tyres and a 12-18 7 speed cassette, downtube shifters, shallow-drop brakes, short cage derailleur, 42/52 chainset, 130mm stem...
And of course brake levers with tired and sticky hoods.View attachment 883708
I think a bottle of whisky might be more appropriate than a box of kleenex😵
Isn't that the slice of cheese you usually find in a McDonald's big mac? Same colour 😁

the slab sided brake bridge was used by cougar (though no cats on the fork crown) and mike kowal - i sure others used them but IMHO its a sign of quality.

the sloping fork crown is definitely a late 1990s thing.

are the rear dropouts horizontal orvertical? if vertical it is another late 90s thing - maybe even very early 2000s.

i have never seen BB or fork crowns with reynolds stamped into them - not saying its bad but i have never seen it.

the slab sided brake bridge was used by cougar (though no cats on the fork crown) and mike kowal - i sure others used them but IMHO its a sign of quality.

the sloping fork crown is definitely a late 1990s thing.

are the rear dropouts horizontal orvertical? if vertical it is another late 90s thing - maybe even very early 2000s.

i have never seen BB or fork crowns with reynolds stamped into them - not saying its bad but i have never seen it.
Thank you for the information. I think I have seen it on frames, something in my head is telling me I have.
But I first thought it may of been built to do a trade show by Reynolds or something like that for promotion purposes and that's why it has reynolds all over it?
Apparently there are no serial numbers anywhere on the frame.
I wanted a 653 and when looking at the lugs and paint finish I thought it may be a decent frame.
I will check out the drop outs as I have now bought the frame but the Ad has been removed so the pics are gone... I was soo focused on the other aspects I cant remember which one's they are lol
Thanks again!

... leaving him to weep over a pile of worthless tat like 23mm tyres and a 12-18 7 speed cassette, downtube shifters, shallow-drop brakes, short cage derailleur, 42/52 chainset, 130mm stem...
And of course brake levers with tired and sticky hoods.View attachment 883708
I think a bottle of whisky might be more appropriate than a box of kleenex😵
Reminds me of a certain shiteap I recently bought!

Back