Any idea what this is?

MADB

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ok pick this out of the dump, its light, very GT looking forks. What do you think?
Cheers Brian.
main.php

I put the seat post in to try it for size. 26.8

http://brian07900.pinkbike.com/album/

looks a bit like an old claud butler from around 95/96, i seem to remember those dropouts. and it def had that mech hanger, i know cause mine snapped twice! :D

+1 on the cb but also there were quite a few generic alloy frames kicking around mid 90's but they all seemed to be claud butler or a derivative. In any case that's a nice find you've done well lgf will be proud!

GT?
cant see no GT in that brian

as already said ,an apro frame , butler or similar
ideal base for a budget weenie build i'd say

Mmmmmm?? Did Claud Butler make frames for Carrera too? Coz it's nearly as identical as my old Carrera frame too?!? I've just checked some old pics, same again with the hanger and dropouts! Cable routing on top bar looks the same too?? Does the down tube become elliptical as it is welded to the B/B?? Mine had a frame number stamped near to the gear hanger! Very light frame if memory serves me well?? Just saying :?

The frame looks virtually identical to my old Raleigh Max Cromo, aside from the mech hanger. Decent frames, 4130 Cromo, worth bringing back to life.

Looking at that, You've got a mass produced Taiwanese frame...

I also wouldn't rule out a merlin cycles 'malt' looking at the parts on it.

Definately looks like an A-Pro replaceable drop out. Is the serial number on the BB shell? You didn't mention if you thought it was Steel or Aluminium. Also is the front gear bottom pull- it looks like it with that stray cable on the downtube but I don't think I've seen a bottom-pull front with a seat stay routing for the back gear. I tend to assume that seat stay routing goes with top pull front gears.

Back