Antwack's KLEIN Pulse

Still to find / purchase:

Tyres - ✔️ ordered & received
Brifters - hoping to find something in the For Sale section (I have some brand new ones on a bike I don't intend to use)
Seat post - ✔️ ordered & received
Pedals ✔️ sourced and refurbed
Seat clamp ✔️ ordered & received
Chain ✔️I have a brand new one on a bike I don't intend to use
Bottle cage and bolts - ✔️ ordered & received

I’ve bought some thread-lock to use when I begin to build it up.

Last edited:
So last night I put a new battery in my micrometer, something I've been meaning to do for a while.

It was to measure the seat tube. I've measured the inner diameter at 31.6mm for the seat post.

The outer diameter (for the clamp) measured approx. 36.4mm... does that sound right? Is this a size you can get clamps in?

Something has occurred to me which I overlooked... I was planning on using Deore LX cantis but there is no cable hanger at the rear of the frame. Does anyone have any ideas how I can overcome this?

I've decided I'm going to add some hints of green and blue. I need to fabricate something in order to press this headset in.
unnamed.jpg

I've started to strip, clean and re-grease the wheels (freebies from @stevet1). There was a little plastic washer on the cassette side of the spindle that has split, are replacements available or maybe I simply glue it?

IMG-0944.jpg IMG-0943.jpg
IMG-0942.jpg

These are Sachs hubs... can I fit a Shimano cassette? *This has been thoroughly cleaned up since.

IMG-0945.jpg

You'll be fine with a shimano cassette on that yep.
Not sure about the plastic ring though - is it just a dust seal? I'd be tempted just to run it as is for now.
For the chainrings, the peg on the outer ring goes behind the crank arm to stop the chain from getting jammed between crank and chainring..
I've a piece of threaded bar with some fat washers for pressing in headsets but it still needs careful use to get it in straight.
Coming on nicely btw.

Nice looking project. I like it.
The frame seems to be a "pulse comp" Trek era frame. The pre Trek pulses (and the Pulse IIs ) had internal cable routing.

About the "missing" canti hanger, you can buy seat clamps with integrated stops. Or use one of those stops that are attached to/by the seat clamp.
Google: cantilever hanger seat clamp

Last edited:
Back