Anti back-pain-stem recommendation please!

Haha I knew this would get a good response!

Very kind offer, Is this a quill stem though?

I’m going to get a new straight seat post too I think. And a saddle actually , not sure I like that one , what do people like for this kind of riding? (I know saddles are all personal preference but would be interested in people’s favourites )
Another question is : apparently I’m going to want some ‘panniers’ … which I assume is French for bike bag or something. Hopefully I can put a rack on the old Marin - anything I should consider ?
I suppose I should search for ‘touring’ on here and have a read. As you can probably tell this is new territory for me
No, the High Charisma is ahead. I accidentally recommended it when not looking at the picture. The quill stems you were looking at on SJS are great. Is what I use on my Dawes.

20240421_175938.jpg

Recommending saddles is a minefield, nobody is alike. I personally like quite wide saddles. I run Brooks B17 on most of my bikes, and B66/67 on the more upright ones. I like springs for extra comfort but I'm also lardy.

And yes you can add a rack. You've got eyelets.

Is this the kind of seat post that might help? Not that much choice of 26.4 straight ones

Back