Answer Manitou System FS

bump

no joy on ebay, so I'd accept around £250 for this if anyone's interested in a project (or can be arsed to split it & sell the bits :) )

i've offered it to a couple of people who PMed me originally, so they've got first dibs, I guess...

cheers, Rob

if you do end up parting it out i'd be interested in the Suntour XC pro thumbies ;)

Good luck with the sale though :)

It's the toptube cracks that have killed it. :(
Mine had a cracked BB, but it was welded and was fine. Obviously a big dent in the value, but still rideable.

This one has had it though. I'd be afraid to fart too hard incase some metal blew off. :LOL:

Just a thought, but if it was mine and the frame is regarded as a scrapper, i'd cut out the section thats cracked, machine up a new piece of tubing and sleeve the insides, drill a couple of holes in the tubes so that you can rose weld them to secure the tubes(fill the holes with weld that'll secure both outside and inside/sleeved tube together), then weld all the way round each end of the inserted tube and then begin the task of cleaning it up so it looks respectable :shock: Probably best not to buy a frame off me, lolol. :LOL: :LOL:
But if its a scrapper then why not! Nothing to lose, but make sure it is definetely a scrap frame cos its alot of work! Oh i'm a welder btw :cool:

Nice idea, but the original bits of frame you weld your sleeve to are just as weak as the bit you're replacing.

End result = uber strong toptube, but something else will give. Headtube most likely. :LOL:

Back