Another 'small frame needed' begging post... FOUND

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all, Aware that there have been several posts like this lately, but...

Had a request off a friend to build a bike, as she wants to get back into cycling, but has severe back issues/degeneration of the spine. Further questioning has revealed that she wants something light, which is fair enough, and....pink! (but obviously I am assuming that this will be best achieved by a respray, lol!)

To that end, does anyone have something frame wise suitable for a 5'3" lady, presumably in alloy, or maybe high end steel. There is the option of me keeping it if it's a Kona :p and making her have my little Rockopper...

Not looking to spend lots as have financial issues, like so many of us, relating to the lockdown :roll: but can find a decent amount for the right frame, if it also comes with a seatpost etc, to save money elsewhere. Especially if it had an odd size post...

Could probably also do with a decent-ish rear wheel? Have a basic but usable front one...

Many thanks!

Re:

more hope with small rather than very small........... ;) :LOL: I'll let you know if see anything that is small but too big for us ?

Re:

I think I have a 15" Orange Evo2 - the I built up for my daughter when she was younger/smaller.

It's light - can come with mech/shifters which are low end SRAM.
Have to admit - it's not pink though.

Happy to chat and do pics if you're interested :)

Re: Another 'small frame needed' begging post... ;-D

Sure - I'll measure it first.
Then pics :)

Re: Another 'small frame needed' begging post... ;-D

Ok - here we go.
It is a 15" c-to-t - so about 12.5" c-to-c
Purpley-blue - quite pretty tbh.
SRAM 3.0 8speed shifters and mechs - seem to work a treat.
Deore chainset & v-brakes
Orange seat post, bar and grips :)
Even a side entry bottle cage ideal for the smaller frame
Bontrager lady saddle too.

Take as much or as little as you like :D

image4-2.jpeg

image1-8.jpeg

image3-2.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

Back