Another Purple One - Raleigh Optima?

Tobias Rodriguez

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
This has got to stop! I have to make room for another bikešŸ¤£

Just bought a clean 105 equipped bike listed as a Raleigh Reynolds Optima. 1994 was mentioned in the listing. You guys probably saw it on eBay, itā€™s purple. It has the Reynolds Optima seat tube decal and the Raleigh down tube decals, there might be an M Trax decal on the fork blades, not sure yet. No model name on the top tube. Iā€™ve asked the seller and all he could tell me was he bought two bikes from a bloke from Nottingham whose friend worked in the RSP department, this was one of them that heā€™s letting go. I read that the later 400 and 300 Optima Lite models had RSX group sets and the 200 and 100 models had mixed group sets, all had straight forks. I canā€™t find any pics info or specs to match this bike. So any ideas on which model this could be?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2450.jpeg
    IMG_2450.jpeg
    617.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2457.jpeg
    IMG_2457.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 32
H suggests 97 then which also ties up with the Selle Royal(e?) Extreme saddle being fitted to production M-Trax bikes at that time.
In the 1996 catalogue (archived here) the custom Optima frame is shown with a curved fork.

Thanks for your comments and info, the Mavicā€™s did help me decide to buy šŸ‘šŸ¼ I will be taking delivery of the bike next week, I asked the seller to hold fire on shipping to give me a chance to make room for it.

Question, keep the bar tape or replace with black or yellow?

Cheers

Back