Annoying shorthand / slang

Opened a new tube of toothpaste this morning :LOL:

Special Jez & JV brand ;)

Attachments

• DSC00531.JPG
    DSC00531.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,167
Sounds more like the 'angry' side than the dark side. :LOL: Smile it could be worse. You could love 6'' of travel :LOL:

Plus what would Floyd have called that great album :? sunny side of the moon :shock: just don't sound right

John":2ci2kdag said:
We've had a few threads on here about shorthand and slang that rile people. From memory we have

minty
spangly
campy
bonty
spesh

etc
etc

However a brief visit to our dear chums at stw reminded me of one which is more irritating than all of these combined (for me at least)

darkside

Arrrghhh. And to make it worse the thread which includes 'darkside' in the title invariably includes some half cocked carbon road bike with the stem on upside down, a triple and 10 headset spacers half of which are above the stem :twisted: Good grief.

You should 'chillax' dudester!

The word 'roadie' gets on my nerves - are we therefore mounties? I suspect that many of us are not even Canadian.

And don't even get me started on 'fixie', I'm turning puce at the thought and will stuggle to sleep peacefully.

I've no beef with minty.

Just darkside

Especially if it involves a thread on a mtb forum which includes a picture of a bike like this one...

152930931_f1e27708fd.jpg

I bet the owner rides round in a US postal jersey too.

John":2ybkgm5h said:
I've no beef with minty.

Just darkside

Especially if it involves a thread on a mtb forum which includes a picture of a bike like this one...

152930931_f1e27708fd.jpg

I bet the owner rides round in a US postal jersey too.
That is just plain nasty

Back