And today I did......

Naw, you need a GPS or smart phone. Then go for a ride. After the ride upload the data to Strava and it tells you how fast you've ridden against anyone else thats ridden the same bits and uses Strava. Exceedingly addictive and great for adding a bit of competition to your rides/training . Alot easier to use than it is to explain.

I'm not sure if you have to join it to browse some of the segments but you can zoom into your local ride spots and see if anyone is uploading times.

robjwood":1zh4xhr3 said:
Sorry, this is the image:

IMG_20120901_175254.jpg

i'd whack a new seat on that and use it as is ;)

zigzag":3rcx6444 said:
Hmm, I dont like the sound of that K, what KoM's that then?

You've a few seconds on me on the Fairlie moor climb. Cannae be huvin you beating me in my own back door :)

Wasn't there a case in California recently where a guy allegedly killed himself chasing a Strava time?

Tazio":238ym1at said:
Wasn't there a case in California recently where a guy allegedly killed himself chasing a Strava time?

Yes kinda, killed himself sounds a bit extreme. But afaik he was inlvolved in a collision and his family blamed his addiction to Strava.

kaiser":2q0covgz said:
Tazio":2q0covgz said:

Yes kinda, killed himself sounds a bit extreme. But afaik he was inlvolved in a collision and his family blamed his addiction to Strava.

I should have said had a fatal accident.

Back