And today I did......

Once again found myself at the mercy of Royal Fail's new third class postal system. I bought a bike in the states last month, first box containing the frame arrived over two weeks ago. The other box containing everything else went to customs where it sat for eleven days. Following the online tracking I know it arrived at Newcastle at 9:02 on monday awaiting customs charges of £29.78. Waited all week for the ransom note to arrive but nothing. Finally rang this morning to find out if I was to get it before christmas, paid, and now have to wait until monday until it gets delivered. This is their Parcelfarce48 service. 48 days i presume. No wonder this country is fucked.

The sooner royal mail is put out of it's misery the better. In any other industry (one with real, actual competition) they'd have sunk years ago.

If Royal Mail do go under, the useful high street pick up and drop off point, post offices, might not accomodate any other courier. I find the other couriers approach of we can collect your parcel from such and such a place anytime between dawn and dusk but cant be exact ever so slightly vexxing :roll:

Bit of tinkering with the xchox this morning - swapped the ugly DH saddle for a flite and had a play with the shock. It doesn't hold any air at all so I'm going to be looking for a 145mm shock, with a budget of £0. I do have a 165mm float that I could swap so we'll see if anyone bites...

Gonna give it a polish and take some photos tomorrow so I can make my BOTM bow; I'm fairly sure the frame was made in Taiwan, can't find any actual evidence but that does seem to be the general consensus.

My seatpost arrived from CRC this morning. Amd looks nothing like the one in the photo on their website!! The one on the site is black with a silver clamp, this one is all black.

I liked the silver top :evil:

velomaniac":31m2s0mm said:
If Royal Mail do go under, the useful high street pick up and drop off point, post offices, might not accomodate any other courier. I find the other couriers approach of we can collect your parcel from such and such a place anytime between dawn and dusk but cant be exact ever so slightly vexxing :roll:

I agree with you velo (shock horror!) Just don't wish to hard for fully deregulated mail services, you might just get it- RM is the only company that has to provide a full uk wide service at a competitive premium- everyone else can cream off the most profitable routes.

zigzag":1wa6fr6b said:
Oven cleaner and strip the affected parts?

But I wanted a black one :cry:

With a silver top, like a cheaper worse made Syncros.

I've sent them a moany e-mail, I'll wait and see what happens, as I don't want to wait on a return exchange.

Just strip the clamp area.

I did this in reverse with an old Ritchey seatpost - kept the clamp black, stripped the actual post. Worked out OK since the oven cleaner really needed a fair bit of elbow grease (and wire wool and sandpaper) to actually shift the ano.

Oh aye, it could also just be paint? So nitromors might be easier too.

zigzag":34f0e99v said:
Just strip the clamp area.

I did this in reverse with an old Ritchey seatpost - kept the clamp black, stripped the actual post. Worked out OK since the oven cleaner really needed a fair bit of elbow grease (and wire wool and sandpaper) to actually shift the ano.

Oh aye, it could also just be paint? So nitromors might be easier too.

Ach, I'll probably just leave it as it is. Just a bit pee'd off that I could have got a cheap Raleigh one from EBay for a tenner less if I'd wanted all black.

Hopefully my complaining e-mail will have some kind of result.

Back