And today I did......

Just bought some ridiculously cheap Time pedals on the For Sale section.

My knees still fight against SPDs but I spoke to someone on a ride and they mentioned they had the same problem and found the Time ones worked for them.

Nothing ventured and all that.

I found the Times more difficult to clip into, but maybe I was too used to SPDs. My knees suffered initially with SPDs, but i did fix it with moving the cleats back a bit on the shoe, and possibly more important, fixing the one shoe where the cleat had drifted way over to the right. Funny that little adjustments can make such a big difference.

zigzag":14q51t6g said:
I found the Times more difficult to clip into, but maybe I was too used to SPDs. My knees suffered initially with SPDs, but i did fix it with moving the cleats back a bit on the shoe, and possibly more important, fixing the one shoe where the cleat had drifted way over to the right. Funny that little adjustments can make such a big difference.

I used SPD's for years but my knees are just worn out, I have tried fiddling with them and given eggbeaters a bash as I was told they would be better, I reckon a fiver for the pedals and a few quid for cleats makes the Times a good experiment. I think it was Simonside who recommended them, or one of the other Yorkie lads.

Fair do's cant argue with a fiver. it feels like there's more float with eggbeaters, interesting to see how the Times workout, hopefully does the trick.

I've only tried Times the once, and my biggest complaint was not being able to unclip easily after crashing and getting out from under the bloody bike :oops:

I use time MID pedals on the road bike and like them - easy to get in and out of - I did take the back off the cleat though :)

Got a GBFO from work. They have signed up for the ride to work scheme with Evans and I don't qualify I can do it but I would only save around 6% of the cost plus they don't do merida so not using the scheme as I don't think its as good as the cycle to work one. still have another trick up me sleeve as GF works for NHS and she can get it might get her to sign up ;)

that's a pitiful saving, is that down to not paying enough tax? my wife is like that, she has a good scheme but as she is part time she pays so little tax that she wouldn't save much.

It seems that if you are on a higher rate tax band you can save more which seems a little "the rich get richer"

If you can't claim the vat back doesn't that mean your company is getting it? seems a bit off.

Baron von Trumpen Bottom":19s01200 said:
Got a GBFO from work. They have signed up for the ride to work scheme with Evans and I don't qualify I can do it but I would only save around 6% of the cost plus they don't do merida so not using the scheme as I don't think its as good as the cycle to work one. still have another trick up me sleeve as GF works for NHS and she can get it might get her to sign up ;)

I was in the Merida dealer in Hawick the other day. Very helpful and keen to do a deal. I did notice a Cycle to work scheme sticker in his window...

The biggest benefit for CTW me is being able to pay it up over a year, never been any good at saving and putting it on a credit card for that time would negate any savings.

Been in two Merida dealers and both have been great as well seems they are having a big push on them to get the brand new recognized as they have been building for other brands for years.

Back