And today I did......

clockworkgazz":2s4pfnfa said:
I was thinking SS 29er is it SS friendly then?
quite fancy bringing the SS pipedream if i can sort the brakes... although are you sure SS is a good idea with your wibbly knee?

Its 36 22 so it is on the spinny side ZZ, it is one of my comfiest bikes, what with the high front end, mary bars and fat tyres and it should have less thing to go wrong on it.

Today I put a huge quantity of 3in1 penetrant release oil into the softail of the Sunn and it still won't move.

Halfords have a spray that releases and freezes for freeing things up, has anyone tried it before?

I think once I get a seatpost the right size (black 26.4 anyone) I could spray it in and then ride it and see if it frees itself with my weight on it.

velomaniac":38xx4d51 said:
Taz, 25.4mm posts in various finishes are plentiful so fit a 25.4-26.4 shim like I did ;)

I think that's the way to go long term. For just now I've managed to get a cheap one on here.

Surprising how many are available in 25.4 and how few in 26.4 Obviously the BMX link.

I've canned the week long tour I was planning. Despite the rack being rated up to 10kg, and me carefully only putting 9kg on it, it's flexier than a very flexy thing, and even fully tightened it moves enough to hit the tyre just going round a corner.

Never mind, off to the gym later, and I'll just do some day-trips for the next week-and-a-bit :) Down-side is that her indoors sees this as an opportunity for me to catch up on the DIY :?

I can lend you a rack and p-clips Rumble, although you could probably get some at the bike-station. Shame to cut the ride off completely, weather is amazing today.

Damn it, I ended up going down the Chain Reaction route. I try to limit my buying to the LBS and buys on here but they are unavoidable as they seem to stock everything you need and at good prices.

And the cheap Brand X stuff is good as it doesn't have logos all over it so it doesn't look to modern. I got a 26.4 x 400 black seatpost that is pretty much a Syncros copy.

Back