And today I did......

Looks more like Jeremy Paxman on speed to me :p

although the hips thrust sideways at a jaunty angle are disconcerting........

Got the Sunn back from the bike shop, BB slid in beautifully I'm happy to report. So in the spirit of BB fiddling decided to get rid of the cheap BB an LBS fitted to the Rock Lobster as an emergency job a year ago. I've got a nice FSA hollow one that will be perfect for the XT cranks I've got arriving this week.

Bloody stuck fast. Got the cup out after a bit of grunting and effort, the BB just won't budge. From inspecting the cup it looks like they have fired it in dry. :evil:

Tazio":6fvb56xg said:
Got the Sunn back from the bike shop, BB slid in beautifully I'm happy to report. So in the spirit of BB fiddling decided to get rid of the cheap BB an LBS fitted to the Rock Lobster as an emergency job a year ago. I've got a nice FSA hollow one that will be perfect for the XT cranks I've got arriving this week.

Bloody stuck fast. Got the cup out after a bit of grunting and effort, the BB just won't budge. From inspecting the cup it looks like they have fired it in dry. :evil:

Never mind that - what about Rob's flowing locks?

:LOL:

Mr Panda":ds49ggvu said:
Never mind that - what about Rob's flowing locks?

:LOL:

I don't think they'd help my current situation, unless they have huge strength and the ability to turn stuck screw in components. :roll:

Today I bodged up a v-brake mount for my old Rond forks. One side was fine, the other was missing the little hole you need to mount most v-brakes. Ordered a single replacement marzoccchi bit - a sleeve that fits over the lower boss with a build it hole - cut it down to fit and jobs a good 'un. Now, if the steerer arrives from germany in time, I'll have to make a decision between these Ronds and the Marzocchi Zokes to go on the Mongoose.

Also on the mongoose soon-to-be tourer I faffed a bit with the rear brake; I've put on a Cane Creek Direct Curve 3, they're supposed to be very good but I'm not yet convinced, more faffing required. And realised that none of the spare front mechs I have fit the frame, so off to the bikestation on Saturday I go...

Rumble":2xqoa56g said:
Today I bodged up a v-brake mount for my old Rond forks. One side was fine, the other was missing the little hole you need to mount most v-brakes. Ordered a single replacement marzoccchi bit - a sleeve that fits over the lower boss with a build it hole - cut it down to fit and jobs a good 'un.

Emmmm. What prevents the sleeve from twisting rumble ? :? the other side hole thingy has a little tab on it hooked around the back to stop such,but i can't think how your new one would attach to stop it.Is it just torque holding it tight :?
Just asking ;) dont want to see any front brake failure,always best for opinions :)

Any chance of hearing you play Rob :D

dyna-ti":1tbimgmo said:

Im a closet rocker I cant play in front of some body unless you've got big t#ts and a nice ass ask my 'ex' :oops:

One of my (many) life time ambitions is to crank my Marshall to the max on stage :roll:
I usually play into earphones as I pissed off the old guy down stairs doing doughnuts/burnouts with my GSXR :oops:

RobMac":1wq3egfs said:
dyna-ti":1wq3egfs said:

Im a closet rocker I cant play in front of some body unless you've got big t#ts and a nice ass ask my 'ex' :oops:

One of my (many) life time ambitions is to crank my Marshall to the max on stage :roll:
I usually play into earphones as I pissed off the old guy down stairs doing doughnuts/burnouts with my GSXR :oops:

I got a loan of a mates electric and busking amp while he was on holiday.I thought i was playing into just the headphones
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Apparently not :oops:
Cant really play electric and only dabble on acoustic :oops: so i was experimenting with slide so it kind of OK but not up full :LOL:

Really need to get one again :? maybe a Takamine or a Yamaha

Christ almighty!

Rumble and I are having genuine bike issues here and all folk can talk about is Fife's answer to Hank Marvin!!

Back