And today I did......

RobMac":2a27xp6f said:
Got a reply to my email to Dave Yates today, I'd contacted him about my planned full restoration of my DY's frame Ive hit a bit of a blank though :? They cant ID the frame or the colour but Im not finished yet ;)

I hope everything is legit with it rob :?

Today I got my new light, super bright as expected, I had picked up on a few other threads about them that the mouting bolt was short and indeed this was the case. New one fitted, battery pack is also poorly waterproofed. I was going to shrink fit it but its tight, few rolls of leccy tape will suffice. Apart from that its pretty cool :)

When I get the bike ready for GT I'll take one. Battery is still charging away! Been about 4hrs now.

dyna-ti":3mzbt7t5 said:
Today i sold the Rudy :D
Had another member was over to pick up the early hope brakes/wheels from me,after the usual showing off, the rudy project came up and he offered to pay my full original price for it then and there.

was worth the asking, you've put some effort into that build Andy, I knew it wouldnt be so simple as picking up some pre-paid for wheels :LOL:

I was talking to Andy about rides, and riders.

I’m staying in Kilmarnock Monday-Friday at the moment and travelling back to Wales on the weekends.

The plan is to find a house to rent around Prestwick (easier said than done!) and move the wife up, ASAP.

Until then I can only do midweek rides and with it being almost winter, I can’t see many being organised?

I have bought some decent lights and wouldn’t mind doing a few evening / night rides but have no idea where to go...

Love it round here tho, the hills look very much like the riding you get in north wales.

I'm in Killie Crud so happy to guide you round a few local trails, I have lights to, albeit not my fav way to ride (I fall off more) so drop me a pm when you are free and we can arrange something.

Back