And today I did......

Had the fun job of driving my Mum to pick her car up in Lanarkshire to pick up her car as it had cooked it's clutch on Saturday when she was through visiting family.

However on arriving at the very scabby looking garage in Lesmahagow to pick it up I parked in their yard and realised I was surrounded by old Porsche 924's, including a couple of race prepared ones. I then spotted several other cars including modern Nissans that were race prepared.

Popped in to pay the guy and spotted a 1950's Aston and an E-Type both stripped down to bare rolling chassis!! A quick bit of chat and it turns out the guys made racing cars, including historics. Fascinating place with several great cars including a Vauxhall that won the BTCC, and the Swedish equivalent and is the most successful touring car chassis built.

The real peach for me was a 1952 Aston that they had done extensive changes to the engine including a custom head and managed to get over double the original BHP and 165 mph down the Mulsanne at the last historic Le Mans meeting.

Not such a boring trip after all. Though I did get a row off my Mum for doing 95 on the M8 :oops:

RobMac":2b4myrum said:
Nice one Gazz I really wish they were around when my kids were that age :D

Could you not have made one to go with the bike you built?
1.jpg

Tracked those auctions to make sure I was getting a good deal on my trainer...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elite-Crono-F ... 089wt_1396

went for £112 (plus postage)

and the used one is up at £90 plus postage with half a day left.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/elite-wireles ... 500wt_1413

These do have extras like the block but it is good to know I won't loose too much if I loose interest.

And Rob - I might not have the right mind-set but I'll have Marnie kicking my arse if I don't use it - that is the kind of incentive I need :)

It was meant to be delivered today but wiggle contacted me asking for my phone number for citylink as they couldn't find my work... citylink had already texted me in the morning to say it was on it's way, did they not think to use that number, tits.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
"And Rob - I might not have the right mind-set but I'll have Marnie kicking my arse if I don't use it - that is the kind of incentive I need"

Tell Marnie thats a very good training technique :LOL:

Blow a gasket, Motor still in Arnold shark in Linwood had major works carried out in garage for 3 weeks came out with a strange noise booked back in for them to hear it from a cold start and expecting an update today only for them to mysteriously find a small leak on the radiator they are now claiming it might have been stone damage but have done feck all to find the original fault. 3 Vauxhalls as company cars and every one has been a pile of shite shoddy build and quailty.

Managed to get two hours up in Thrunton last night. First ride since The Blue Man six weeks ago and first nightride since May. Miserable experience. So knackered, so unfit. Absolutely got slaughtered everywhere.

Now need to get it sorted. Stop eating shit, singlespeed to work every day, less hours working, more sleep, turbo trainer instead of playstation on my free evenings, cut down on beer, no kebabs, maybe try some weights and ride whenever i get the chance.

Bloody ashamed at how bad things have got. :cry:

Back