And today I did......

mikee":35ar3bar said:
vern , i hope when you crossed the border you rode anywhere you wanted mate
you can do that up here

Yep it was lovely to be free :LOL:

thanks for the kind words about the pics.

mikee":ujwybb66 said:
vern , i hope when you crossed the border you rode anywhere you wanted mate
you can do that up here

You can down here too. Not legally mind, but try stopping me. :twisted:

Today I finished painting the Excelsior ready for the 35th Anniversary weekend. Its completely different from last time. For starters the darts have gone and it wears the later 'hornets' from the 40's straightbar DX. Colours are old english creme at the front and a custom mix for the back end which I've christened 'Strangelove Black'. It's actually green- a very very dark olive green that looks almost black until it hits the light, then you get a mica pearl hint of green and gold popping out. I love it.
I'm going to leave it in the bake box overnight to harden off and will get it built up at the weekend.

Drumlanrig red and black

This morning I did the red and black at Drumlanrig before heading home for a 4pm start at work.

First ride on the Mongoose after upgrading the rear mech from Alivio to XT. Nice upgrade. Much more tension , no more chain flapping about and quicker gear changes.

Unfortunately I had another mechanical failure. Doing a quick change from middle to granny while trying to negotiate a hill the chain snapped.
Luckily this time I had my chain tool with me and managed to carry out a trail side repair.

Re: Drumlanrig red and black

Hawmaw":22uiylu9 said:
This morning I did the red and black at Drumlanrig before heading home for a 4pm start at work.

First ride on the Mongoose after upgrading the rear mech from Alivio to XT. Nice upgrade. Much more tension , no more chain flapping about and quicker gear changes.

Unfortunately I had another mechanical failure. Doing a quick change from middle to granny while trying to negotiate a hill the chain snapped.
Luckily this time I had my chain tool with me and managed to carry out a trail side repair.

How was the drum, was it wet and muddy and is the bit they repaired still as thick with clay? Btw the kona is the business, going for a flite saddle, a rear conti pro tyre and some foam grips updates but it is pretty much perfect as is- thanks again.

Took my Sirrus out for a blast for the first time done 13.5 miles along the cycle track in 1.03hrs not a great deal to boast about but first time on a bike for a few months and got a shagged knee just now as well.

With weather this awful, 13.5 miles on your bike is worth a boast, well done ;)

I managed only 8 miles all though I did power past a serious CTC tourist type up Liberton Brae :cool:

I hate this weather :(

well hats off to the two of you , after i got home from work i've just sat on ma arse eating :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i'll be in the cave later sorting some cranks out tho :cool:

Fair do's though Eck, you were working, I dont work weekends so well done you to and anyone else who achieved anything at all.

WELL DONE EVERY ONE ;)

Back