And today I did......

Radoslaw":1fffzuca said:
Tour of Arran today. This time alone. Day was perfect.

No traffic, great weather. A true roadie heaven.

I did loop in 3h25min with a few short stops which I recon was slow. I haven't pushed myself too hard and strong wind didn't helped but squeeze time in 3h will be hard. Need practice more :D
dsc0204q.jpg

Excellent :cool:

Arran is a great roady circuit IMHO - I believe there was (maybe 60s/70s?) and organised road race round the island, perhaps with roads closed in stages, organised by Glasgow clubs - sounds like a good one to resurrect and sure some islanders/incomers ( :roll: ) would agree due to influx of the lycra clad £ :D

anyone know about the event as was???????

:?:

kaiser":1aeyuprc said:
Nice one Rado :) Not a bad time at all! I managed 3:20 this year on a horrible day and I reckon a sub 3 is a target for next year. A guy from work holds the record at 2:30 and he reckons there is a 2:20 :eek:

I thought you've done it in 3h Kaiser. 2:30, that's amazing. About 25 mph average speed to reach that time. Guy must be very fit and know road well to handle all that turns.

Today I need to get the truck fettled for an MOT. Its fallen apart over the last six months.

On a brighter note, I'm hoping to do a deal on a new mancave today. Its on the inlaws farm and currently filled high with junk. Its basically a big wooden stable block approx 20ftx60ft built in the 1950s. Its lovely, warm and dry and really airy. I think it would make a great frame building shop. Just got to work a deal on rent and I can start fitting out.

Si

mikee":luozz453 said:
sounds ideal si , when can i move in ? :LOL:

I was thinking the same myself. It would make a cracking holiday let.

Hopefully, we might be moving just over the yard if we get planning permission to convert the stables. We will have to see what the local planning fuhrer has to say first.

Didn't have any bike building or maintenance to do tonight so took a break from 2 wheels and dug out an old friend instead...

DSC00245.jpg

Err... not quite up to that standard! I will say I sound significantly better playing the Les Paul than any other guitar though!

Nice guitar. I've been looking around the dealers and on eBay at guitars of late. Must stop. They have gotten real expensive since I last looked.
Still hanker after a late 60's Gretsch Country Gent or Gold Top.

Back