And today I did......

zigzag":2e9glu83 said:
Are the Model B's not a bit fragile for crossing, K? Cracking good price/weight ratio though.

I made the choice on the fact that mostly the bike is a commuter. But also I reckon the cross wheels don't need to be too bullet proof, alot of the terrain is soft and grassy rather than rocky and you also have a moderate tyre carcass too. If the wheels can take a pot hole they should be able to take whatever a cross course throws at them.....I hope, it'll tell you after the season finishes :) The bike was spec'd with 20/24 wheels and I reckon the weak link was the radial spoking on the rear, these are the same 20/24 but are 2X on the back.

How much for the silverfox? is there a Shock for it? - if it is cheepy cheep I might be interested for my ski bike.

I just bought a retro book called "mountain biking in the Scottish highlands" from a charity shop in Linlithgow :cool: Spotted it as I walked by with Ma subway :LOL:

Tour of Arran today. This time alone. Day was perfect.

No traffic, great weather. A true roadie heaven.

I did loop in 3h25min with a few short stops which I recon was slow. I haven't pushed myself too hard and strong wind didn't helped but squeeze time in 3h will be hard. Need practice more :D
dsc0204q.jpg

Posted off some bits I've sold :? I'm a bit of a hoarder so it's the first time I've done that and have some mixed emotions, but I've just run out of space so some things have to go. At the weekend I realised that I've got everything bar a frame for a new build so I'm trying to move some stuff on, keep the money in paypal and get the thing build without any cash outlay. I already know the plan's doomed though, I'll only buy something shiny in a moment of weakness...

Radoslaw":1ddqluf6 said:
Tour of Arran today. This time alone. Day was perfect.

No traffic, great weather. A true roadie heaven.

I did loop in 3h25min with a few short stops which I recon was slow. I haven't pushed myself too hard and strong wind didn't helped but squeeze time in 3h will be hard. Need practice more :D
Arran is lovely, :D How long where you there for ?

Rumble":1ddqluf6 said:
Posted off some bits I've sold :? I'm a bit of a hoarder so it's the first time I've done that and have some mixed emotions, but I've just run out of space so some things have to go. At the weekend I realised that I've got everything bar a frame for a new build so I'm trying to move some stuff on, keep the money in paypal and get the thing build without any cash outlay. I already know the plan's doomed though, I'll only buy something shiny in a moment of weakness...

It's inevitable why fight it :D

Nice one Rado :) Not a bad time at all! I managed 3:20 this year on a horrible day and I reckon a sub 3 is a target for next year. A guy from work holds the record at 2:30 and he reckons there is a 2:20 :eek:

Today I got the knobblies back on the crosser and liked it all over again! Makes a great urban speedster :) must remember this if I'm tempted to fit 23c road tyres again.

The Ken":36q8i1m3 said:
How much for the silverfox? is there a Shock for it? - if it is cheepy cheep I might be interested for my ski bike.

I haggled the kid down to £50 :roll:
But I might have a shock that'll fit it T.K ;)

G

Back