And today I did......

RobMac":236895xi said:
kaiser":236895xi said:
Back from Eire, catching up on a bit! SSWC was amazing :cool: :D

Im showing my ignorance here, does the venue move around year to year? And could you do a little write up what it was like.

It does indeed Rob, next year is South Africa. The decision was made at this years event. The event is one to put in the diary, party/festival atmosphere rather than race, with SSUK and SSEC in the same vein. This one was excellent aside from some teething problems it went really really well, alot of folks pulled out for one reason or another but it was still 540odd riders strong. Very relaxed as I say only 1,2 and 3rd are counted with everyone else being fourth :) . This one had some killer climbs but made up for it with amazing singletrack, apart from some cambered boardwalk the course was pretty tame though. I don't think it'll draw me back to Ireland for the biking but I'll be back at another SSWC/SSEC/SSUK type thing! In saying that I'll be back to Ireland for another holiday, great country and top folks!

Nice one Rumble, keep me posted on the TV show, if its this time next year I may just have a go :)

mikee":2wsq7gsc said:
@ gazz

my laddie works for the clydesdale ,quite often at the big one in the weege

Working at the clydebank office mikee, not a branch in the direct side. Whats yer boy called?

clockworkgazz":35pibcs4 said:
mikee":35pibcs4 said:
@ gazz

my laddie works for the clydesdale ,quite often at the big one in the weege

Working at the clydebank office mikee, not a branch in the direct side. Whats yer boy called?

mini mike ? :p

RobMac":3h0bx1y7 said:
RobMac":3h0bx1y7 said:
Today a guy came round to tell me that the attic (stock room) is getting new insulation. SH#T :shock:
Where do I stash quarter of a million pounds worth of bike, motorbikes and car spares. :shock:

:shock:

Well the shit has hit the fan ........................... their coming on Monday :shock:
Ive stood my bed on its end, Alfs in his kennel outside, Ive jammed every thing from the store room (attic) into every room in the house, Ive got the tent up in the back garden I should be back in the house by Tuesday. If these f#ckers dont turn up my next post will be written from a prison cell :shock:

Wish me luck...............

Well youve guessed it THE F#CKERS NEVER TURNED UP :x

Next available time Thursday am :x
Mean while I cant even get in the bedroom, livingroom, wee bedroom or kitchen.
Hall way and loo thats it.

The Great Brittish Service Industry BOLLOX :x

Yesterday, and another failed Gumtree bid. GT Avalanche 3.0 for £20, third person to view it and still too late :(

Went up the Barras to have a look in the Bike Shed too, nothing there but spotted a nice Courier Comp and a women's Muirwoods chained up, all blinged up with purple brakes and Pace forks. Tried to get a pic but the light was crap.

Not my day really.

Today I went to Edinburgh :D

That city's beauty never ceases to amaze me,theres always a new bit of architecture i havent noticed before or the usual bevy of foreign beauties wandering along the road :D
I had to go to edinburgh bike coop to return a light i got from them.Bit of a pain as this is the second time ive needed to visit the capital to get it to them but at least thats not a chore.Then theres all the other shops in and around the area of the coop.
I went into one called i think 'soul bikes' :? Chap was nice to chat to an turns out he's registered here.Had his own bevy of beauties adorning the walls :cool: including a nice pro-flex and girvin forks that he said Rick at Drumlanrig was going to renovate for the museum.

Back