And today I did......

Dr S getting all excited about the history of mtb in northern Britain but I find myself non plussed. As with life in general I always seem to miss the boat, despite being older than Dr S I wasn't into mtbs untill 1995 after the point the 2 volumes of diary he's sifting through. :roll:

Further I've decided to try and build a bike for the Peaks meet that reflects the bikes I was riding at the height of my interest in the late 90's. If I'm honest this will not be a bike folk lust after as yet again all my best bikes are from a time before my interest and my budget in the 90's was poor.

Nostalgia can be great, just wish I had great nostalgia :LOL:

I think you will like some of the routes Velo. Had another quick peek over a brew and most of the routes in volume one are in some pretty impressive looking parts of Scotia. Some of them look like real epics in the high passes. Derek was also an excellent rock climber and the severity of some of the routes seem to reflect that. There are several photos that show him abseiling down some big rock faces with bike and kit over his shoulder. Pretty hardcore and makes me laugh when I think of todays riders all dressed up as stormtroopers on 6" travel bikes at trail centres being all 'gnarly'. :p

"Pretty hardcore and makes me laugh when I think of todays riders all dressed up as stormtroopers on 6" travel bikes at trail centres being all 'gnarly'."

Aint that the truth :roll:

BTW thanks for all your pm's that Ive had concerning my "man-flu/cold" as I sit here on deaths door :shock:

YOU INSENSITIVE SWINES :LOL:

velomaniac":excxklvg said:
Further I've decided to try and build a bike for the Peaks meet that reflects the bikes I was riding at the height of my interest in the late 90's. If I'm honest this will not be a bike folk lust after as yet again all my best bikes are from a time before my interest and my budget in the 90's was poor.

Nostalgia can be great, just wish I had great nostalgia :LOL:

You dont mean Bombers and C2's do you. :shock:

Serviced the Z1s on the Moho, feels a bit like a Retrobike (Post '98 section, mind) rite of passage!

The fork oil that came out was a dark grey sludge! All reasonably straightforward though, and dust wipers went in a treat after spending the day in the freezer. Can't say they feel hugely different though, I think I need the fat boy springs to stiffen it up a bit.... :?

RobMac":1u2osrbw said:
BTW thanks for all your pm's that Ive had concerning my "man-flu/cold" as I sit here on deaths door :shock:

you lovley lovley people :LOL:

Back