And today I did......

kaiser":7eaxw9hy said:
irontam":7eaxw9hy said:
Stuck the decals on my GT project and started the pinstriping.

:eek: sounds interesting, any pics?

Not yet... First time I've tried pinstriping, not sure how it's going to turn out. :?

Besides which, I'm concerned about upsetting the GT purists! :LOL: :LOL:

Cheeky fugger :twisted: Rob technically its a jump frame but by sticking gears on it it becomes quite handy round trail centres. Not light or quick but good fun :D Much better idea than bastardising a nice old frame :p I'll also have you know I'm nowhere near mid life yet...unlike someone else.

RobMac":3lgxy35d said:
Beside that Zaskar is ball burnished and I dont have stillettos to go with it.

If it is ball burnished that suggests to me the frame is too big. Get a smaller one so your nads don't chafe the toptube.

:eek: christ on a bike some of those are my age. I've been doing it since I was 33 does this let me off the hook? I mentioned this to the wife the other day, new car will probably be some soulless estate, I was considering buying a Specialized Pitch(i.e trial centre nobber) and I generally dress from Gap :( Mid life ninja is aboot!

For my midlife crisis - ie turning 40 - I entered Mountain Mayhem 24 hour race. I was very proud of my 1 lap :)

I also joined retrobike and we all know that cost.

I went the more traditional 'buy myself a soft-top' MLC route. And getting back on the bike big time coincided nicely with splitting from the wife.

Quite an interesting article though, touches on the whole ' emasculated modern man / fight club ' thing.

It is an interesting article, and a lot of it rings true with me. I wonder if I had a premature mid life? The wife is 5 years younger than me and since I was 30 has been telling me I'm nearly 40 :twisted: could have brought it on early.

I wonder how much of Retrobiking is MLC? I mean wtf are we doing on 20 year old bikes up a hill? But then again its easy to label anyting 40ish guys do as mid lifeish

Mayhem was definately my midlife, it just re-sparked an intrest in stuff I had left behind for a few years, I still cycled but it was trips with the kids and commuting with only the odd off road foray.
In that off time I took up various activities like RC buggies,Hillwalking, Professional Drinking (this reduced my activities in other areas) and the main one was Power Kiting so a lot of weekends were spent at the beach flying stuff.

Back