And today I did......

going to give the easy out a shot, although no great urgency as I've managed to fluke reasonable adjustment without the adjuster.

currently riding the bike regularly and having to wash it once a week to clear the grim and salt - so the plan's to dose it with penetrating fluid on a weekly basis

thanks all

Sorry, im missing this. ?Is the adjuster on the under the down tube on the frame mount pictured :? Like old roadies ?

Picked up the Claud Butler from Boxxer today to use and my commuter.
A nice mix of components with Exage hubs on Rigida laser 40 rims,with the mechs and cranks being Exage 400LX with biopace rings all in very nice condition.
Too big for you Craig, but thank you very much :D.
Undergoing the Clean-Up, which is surprisingly clean. usual gunk in the hidey holes but overall its not bad.
Headset is notchy, brakes are deathgrip to stop but only at under 1 mph :LOL: Ive some V's going on and maybe sort something for shifting. Other that that its a nice bike, certainly not cheap at the time.

I'd do a thread on this but its only the commuter and i wont actually be doing anything people can see like the hub and BB servicing.

Cheers.

Well :) my advice would be to drill out the meat of it and then try to undo it with an easy out .The heat generated with the remaining metal coupled with a penetrating fluid might do it
If access is difficult there you can get very long thin diameter bits. I was using some a while back that were 3mm by it was i think 100m, but might have actually been 125 mm :? but it means the chuck can stay far enough away from the frame, not to accidentally 'rub' against it. But id always wrap something right around that area just in case*
Next fix could be to run a series of taps through it starting off as small as the thin drill you'd use to take out most of the center :? Ideally i think you'd need to drill right through and out the other side for the taps to work effectively.
It makes me think that do you need the full thread in there and if you didnt manage to get the drill bit right through how much thread in mm do you think youd need to have reasonable adjustments ?

* Amazing how many times 'just in case' was actually needed

Re:

Picked up our new family member from Cat Protection today. 8 year old tabby boy called Dojo, but we're just going to use Joe. Had originally gone last week to look at a girl but was advised a male would be easier to integrate with our existing female. He's lived with other cats before so should be fine, we'll just need to take it slowly for Lola. She's had a sniff around the door of his sanctuary room and saw him through the glass. Had a wee hiss but doesn't seem too bothered. Will wait until weekend then try a short face to face intro.
New arrival very friendly and chilled, quite happily jumped up onto my lap when I was on computer earlier. Purrs like a jaguar v8! Hopefully it'll all go fine.

Re: Re:

clubby":290xrolw said:
New arrival very friendly and chilled, quite happily jumped up onto my lap when I was on computer earlier. Purrs like a jaguar v8! Hopefully it'll all go fine.

I'm sure it will eventually, even cats who really don't like each other very much usually settle down to a comfortable stand-off arrangement! Being 8 years old he'll hopefully be well past the hyperactively playful stage which can be annoying to other cats too...

Re:

bought some Gold top milk, delicious! :D

it says 5% fat, the blue top stuff in the fridge says 3.6% fat, and the green top stuff 2%, don't even get me started on that red top pishwater skimmed milk stuff...

Anyway, I'd always thought the gold top stuff was instant heart attack in a bottle, but now I'm not so sure.

I'll be buying some more next week at any rate :)

Back