And today I did......

The Ken":avrp7hiy said:
Rob ,you aint pretty

What a horrible thing to say :shock:
Joking aside Dave, getting a bit personal there are we not ?

:p :LOL:

Today :? Well a couple of days ago i suppose but as it hasnt arrived it can hardly be today now can it :?
I did however chat to the seller today so theres the hook :D

Bought this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291114293431? ... 1497.l2649
Bit more that i wanted to spend but its not a huge difference.
Fingers crossed now that its not cracked .Wish me luck everyone :)

Thats terrible MrP :shock:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Swapped the fat front wheel off the Fat Mary for a normal wheel and tyre and went for a quick spin tonight. Took me a while to adjust back to having 'normal' levels of grip, wiped out on the very first muddy corner. Not all that faster on the climbs either.

Fat front will be going back on for Glen Clova.

Dam you ebay, dam you planet-x :facepalm:

Idly surfing ebay as you do but those clever software people on the bay now post up stuff your interested in. So up pops an On-one Fatty frame from Planet-X thats a damaged repaired 18" for £149 and before I could stop myself i'd bought it :oops: :roll:

Cheesus, I was trying to step away from fat bikes, save my moolah but no, I've been snared again :facepalm:

So 18" might be a medium but long top tubes and my bodging skill will deal with that. BB at £39 are classed as cheap, not to me, but I can swallow that. I have a cunning plan for the 170mm rear hub.

No longer a UK fatbike member but not escaped fatbikings gravitational pull, it must be there mass. Pray god they dont go nova !

Re:

Roadie bimble up the Glen Esk road last night on the Flying Scot**, currently in 1x7 mode, or 2x7 if you change the front rings by hand or pokey stick in the Patented Kaiser Method :LOL:

Saw loadsa Lapwings :cool:

Snow all but gone on Mount Keen (southside) so the intrepid fellows going this weekend should have a blast.

** - currently am very much At One with this bike :D

OMMMMM............

And after all your talk :shock: :shock: Oh Velomaniac, how could you ??

:LOL:
Is it a tapered headtube ? I ask as crc always has major savings on high end forks,just dependent on a tapered steerer.
I was looking at cheaper and discounted frames that had tapered so i could take advantage of a fox fork saving. You were getting 70+% off

It is tapered head tube but you dont have to use tapered fork if you use shim in lower half of headtube to make it normal 1 1/8th" which is what I'll do as I have all the fat forks I need.

Liking your old bike Mr P. still miss my mark one Dawes Galaxy, that was such an at one with old bike !

Back