an interesting curiosity (cartridge BB content)

Wasn't a blue and yellow Peugeot cross bike was it? I have one of those that originally had rather a lot of RX100 on it...

I've got the catalogue all scanned and edited from my catalogue here just waiting to go up* :facepalm:

but go for 68/115 in the cartridge version or 113 doubt it matters.
according to Barnetts there is only 0.5mm on the chainline alteration anyway, it's all on the none-drive side.

*higher resolution on the text though, so might as well still get it up.

Thanks to Brucey on CTC for the answer

cup and cone BBs have asymetric spindles, sealed carts have symetric spindles. Therefore mfrs spec a longer spindle for sealed cart.

the BB-A550 is a cup and cone 113mm, UN10 sealed 115mm

QED

The bike was a 1992 ish Peugeot Triathlon - black with dayglo green forks and stays and pink dayglo decals

501Brian":12z0ntgi said:
Thanks to Brucey on CTC for the answer

cup and cone BBs have asymetric spindles, sealed carts have symetric spindles. Therefore mfrs spec a longer spindle for sealed cart.

the BB-A550 is a cup and cone 113mm, UN10 sealed 115mm

QED

The bike was a 1992 ish Peugeot Triathlon - black with dayglo green forks and stays and pink dayglo decals
Often true but not the case here
3H is a symmetric 113 length axle, it's equivalent length in Shimano UN cartridge is LL113. Both 113 in length.

Also of note is the MM107 and MM110 both have the same chainline and all the extension is on the none drive side, so I would have though it would be hard for them both to be symmetrical.

Still confused as to why the RX100 double chainset specs a 115mm UN10 and a 113mm 3H cup and cone for 68mm BB shell.

Which do I buy?

113mm sealed or 115mm sealed?

Back