An Apollo GT???

Antwack

Senior Retro Guru

Attachments

• IMG_0785.png
    IMG_0785.png
    2 MB · Views: 14
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The Apollo I posted has a GT sticker on the seat stay. Perhaps it was added by someone after purchase? I’d imagine GT would have been very unhappy about their design being copied.

im sure at one point that the early apollo frames were made on the same production line as GT ?

maybe someone can confirm this or correct me if im wrong.

The Apollo I posted has a GT sticker on the seat stay. Perhaps it was added by someone after purchase? I’d imagine GT would have been very unhappy about their design being copied.

Doubt GT was the first one to do a triple triangle and or patented it.

I thought the TT thing was a marketing ploy to make Apollo’s seem legit when they were still just a load of old gas pipes and scaffold poles welded into a bike shaped object.

Basically “designed by GT” or words to that effect.

Fair enough… I just always associated the design with GT

My first mtb was an apollo atomic with triple triangle. The decal said licensed from gt or something. They weren't the first to use the design though iirc. Loved my mine, sadly stolen on my paper round in Plymouth and the replacement wasn't anywhere near as cool haha

Back