AMP Research fork - what year is this? model number please? thank you :)

Thank you. That's exactly the period I am most interested in....does it have a spring to control compression, or elastomer please? thanks again

it has a small steel spring within the linkage (and a tiny rubber top-out bumper too). The 'rod' across the linkage (front to back on the left-hand side) is a small oil damper.

I think yours is slightly unusual as it has a damper on both sides. It's an early version due to the solid axles and circlips holding it all together. I much prefer the symmetry of the double damper than the single one.

Servicing the damper is pretty simple, though best done with the correct tools to grip the damper in a vice via a split block with a 'hole' to clamp it. It unscrews and you can clean, replace o-rings and refill with fluid.

I might have some linkage axle spares in my stash. If you need a copy of the manual, I might have one, though I'd need to scan as it's paper.

Bushings may need replacing if there's any play, but hopefully yours is nice and tight.

it has a small steel spring within the linkage
It appears from your comment ' does it have a spring ' etc that the spring and elastomer bump stop are missing

You may have a problem as the springs were specially made for AMP ( in three ? body weight/stiffness sizes ) and there
do not appear to be any stock springs , metric or imperial , that come close in size .

This topic came up earlier this year ( 12th March ) and was I believe resolved by danson67 who had some spare springs

Latest posts

Back