Am I too heavy for SIDS

mtbfix":3f5l3ib7 said:
One of our mechanics is easily 100kg. and he runs SID WCs on his Seven. They may not be super accurate under him but they ain't broke. The last SID format was one of the few remaining models capable of offering 63mm which is what I guess a retro Hei Hei would need?

I think anything up to 80 odd mm I suitable....I wouldn't go over that though on the Hei Hei

I'm around 12.5 stone,not into kilos,running sids on two of my bikes for years without problems.Maybe I'm just too slow these days. :D

I like Marzocchi Z2 bombers,could handle anything i wanted them to do and were nice and stiff.
Could sids be stiffened at the dropouts using a stronger axle with nuts,and isnt there a thicker Q/R for this kind of issue
:?

I've got SID race carbon's and weigh about 70kg - still find them a tad flexy and at times a bit scarry! They are very very light though :D

Does anyone know how to 'tune' them, i.e. make them lighter (other than Ti canti studs)??

was gonna fit some 98 sid sl's to my 98 orange e4 but after reading this maybe not i'm 15 stone in old money althought the bike will only be used for comuting to work would this make a difference?

or are they destined for the for sale section :(

Hmmm well I figure they cant be as bad as the mag 21s everyone used to have can they...

Lol try them!

Im 17 stone so technically should be pedalling a modified KTM not a mountain bike but if you dont go mad you can get away with all sorts!

chris667":ymmez2e7 said:
If they are OK, you'll be laughing. If your chin hits the ground, maybe better to find a rigid fork. :p

lmao i'll keep ya posted maybe with pics :shock:

Back