Am I a fool for selling this bike so cheap?

kieronmaher

Retro Newbie
Hello

I have a Marin Palisades Race Bread bike that I stumbled across...

I have no idea what its worth. Can anyone shed any light on it for me?

I have posted it on ebay
(Item number 280842526041 - search the item number on ebay to view it)

Am I a fool to be letting this go cheap? I have no room to restore it.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Keep it, restore it, come out and ride it with us lot.....have a few beers after.....repeat steps 3 and 4 continuously....... ;)

feetabix":27q4nbn8 said:
Keep it, restore it, come out and ride it with us lot.....have a few beers after.....repeat steps 3 and 4 continuously....... ;)

Agree. £6 for that is a give away. 4 days to go perhaps peak at £50 still to low to sell IMO keep and ride. Sure you can find correct replacement parts

hi ya keiron, your gonna get told of for posting on this thread in a minute and be redirected to the how much is my xyz ,

this is only my opinion, but i think your bike while it, if what you say is true, may be in good nick, it is not exactly rare or massively sought after or high spec.

It will most likely find its right price on ebay , pretty mint examples have sold on here for less than a £100, so i reckon you may get £40-80, you might get nearer that top figure if you can offer postage.

In saying that i have low end old marin which is just a brilliant bike to ride, and there are some who appreciate these bikes here. the 91 floro ones like yours, are i think quite well liked

you might want tp put up a for sale thread here also with pics and more details, which could save you fees on ebay, and also put your bike in the ebay section to drum up a bit more publicity for it.

good luck with the sale,give her a clean too

Charlie ;)

I wish I had the time to restore it and go out riding. I have another baby on the way so
A) I need money
B) I soon wont have any spare time

If I had space to store it i would keep it. :(

Are there any other places I can advertise it to get more money for it?

take it off ebay NOW!!!

get some decent quality pictures of it & drop it in the for sale section on here.

If you can grab a bike box from halfords or a local bike shop package it up, weigh it, measure it & use parcels2go or a similar online courier service & they will pick up and deliver to your buyer for £15 - £20.

with that said, depending on the condition of the frame & components I would hazard a guess at £80 - £100 posted as a very good selling price for you and the buyer. for some reason marins don't often fetch the sort of money other things in the same price bracket when new still manage to get unless they are top-end or rare but even the lower end ones are well thought of & are good solid bikes.

sell it on here & you'll get a warm fuzzy feeling knowing someone will restore it, ride it & respect it!!!

Race Bread? Hovis or Kingsmill?

Race bred

I'd leave it up on eBay, it'll find it's natural level. It's not going to set the world alight as its a fairly standard lower end bike. It would make a nice pub bike or student bike. £80 tops.

Back