Alpinestars Cro-mega DX

jubey

Retro Newbie
Flying back to UK to shift a load of personal possessions I left behind at my mothers house many moons ago when i moved abroad.

The big heap Includes a very nice and well looked after Alpinestars Cro-mega DX

Whats the average going rate if selling one of these? and where is the best place to shift it?

If I do it will be a reluctant sale :(

willing to learn from my mistakes so ...sorry if in wrong thread ... !

Re:

There is indeed a sub-section for valuations right here. It was in the top of the section where you made this topic.

No worries, it's a common mistake. One of the mods will probably move it to the right section soon enough.

To answer your queries:
1 ) Condition is everything and a couple of good pictures certainly help to determine that. So I'm not giving any number yet.
2 ) The best place would be in the For Sale section here on the forum. (You'll need to determine a price before you put it there though)
You can also put it on ebay etc, but here at least you'll know that the bike went to someone who knows and loves older bikes and (usually) also knows how to care for them.

Re:

Hi andThanks for all the feedback and estimates.

It was a 1991 / 92 model with the wierd Eos frame and white and grey main colour with flashes of neon yellow and pink detail. Nice looking machine..and bought direct out of my first uni placement salary... Complete months salary on a bike but glad i did!

Im now living in Sweden and ideally would like to take it backwith me but i guess shipping it will cost more than its worth. I dont have much time to get it sold myself so i guess i can give it to my family to depose on my behalf ... Anyway ive got just over a week left back in uk now so finger out and try and get something sorted.

Thanks again everyone.

J

Re:

The airlines don't charge very much for bikes if you take them back with you. Just get a bike shop to package it up in a bike box (maybe £20) and often the airline will ship it for free (they did for me when flying back from Qatar). Might not be as expensive as you think.

Back